India's new milestone of over 100 cr covid vaccines

Kashmir Times. Dated: 10/14/2021 8:20:15 PM

KT NEWS SERVICE
NEW DELHI, Oct 13: The Health Ministry on Wednesday claimed that India has achieved a new milestone of crossing 100 crore Covid-19 vaccine doses in advance of its target to administer them under the universalisation of the nationwide vaccination.

The doses accounted for as on October 13 are over 106 crore or to be exact 106,23,13,565. They include 97,79,37,495 doses already supplied to the state governments and the Union Territories and 8,43,76,070 balance of the unutilised vaccine doses still available with the states and UTs.

The Centre is supplying these doses free of cost to the states/UTs, procuring 75% of the vaccines produced in India. It is allowing the private hospitals to procure remaining 25% of the production that works out to 26,55,78,391 doses and as such the total doses dispensed to the Centre and the private hospitals turn out to be 132.79 crore.

The government's official tally of the nationwide vaccination shows 96.43 doses have been administered so far while those getting both the doses stood at 27.50 crore, which accounts for 34.5% of the government's target of vaccinating 95 crore people who are 18 years and above.

 

Video

The Big Story: Death of Democracy... Read More
 

FACEBOOK

 

Daily horoscope

 

Weather